This is a bit off our topic, however i am pretty excited about this. I recently ordered the new hood for my vehicle. I finally came in on Monday and it looks phenomenal. The old hood was damaged beyond repair so replacing it was a must. I ordered the hood from Liberty Fiberglass, located in Cincinnati Oh. The hood is completely fiberglass cutting weight on the vehicle by approximately 50 pounds. It has a 3" cowl induction with the actual screen on the back of the cowl for added air flow. Even though the motor has not been modified at all, the added height and air flow allows for a variety of engine modifications. Finding replacement parts for your 92 camaro is very easy. There are three places that I would recommend searching, ebay, craigslist or or local junk yard. This particular hood cost me $279 plus shipping and handling, which is very reasonable considering that fiberglass required a mold and is usually all done manually.
Since the hood came in at the beginning of the week, I have yet to be able to begin work on it. However, new parts such as this require much of the same work that we have been discussing. Because this is a replacement part there is no need for any repair. The sanding and priming techniques are still the same though. Since this is the largest part that I will be working on thus far, I have chosen to use an air powered sander and a actual pain gun to do the work. Both of the tools will be new to me though, so learning to use them must come quickly. With the basic knowledge on this subject that I have, I am completely self taught, the job should really be o different than what I have been doing with all the other parts we have been discussing. However, if anything were to be different, which I'm sure there will be something, it will be discusses as necessary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment